Finalized in spring 2019, Lab’s Strategic Framework is a mission-based document that establishes the school’s areas of strategic focus. Informed by significant faculty, staff, student, and community input as well as education research, the document identifies key areas of continued investment as the Lab School continues to distinguish its leadership in serving students with learning differences. The priorities for the Strategic Framework have been to build on the school’s planning emphasis around financial stability and facilities improvements, with a clearer statement of mission-aligned, programmatic strategies to assure that Lab continues to lead the field in a rapidly changing 21st Century.
“It is imperative that Lab continues to be the transformational place that it has been for so many students and parents,” says Art Coleman, Lab parent and member of the Board of Trustees who helped spearhead the Strategic Priorities. “Future parents should have our experience. And it’s important to articulate what that looks like. The framework reflects a shared vision, with elaboration around elements that will continue to make Lab ‘the truly special place that it is.’ But, Lab can’t rest on its laurels, especially in such a rapidly changing world. We have to strive to be better, work smarter, and be open to innovation. Lab is blessed with professionals who have the passion, talent, and experience. The Strategic Priorities help set the course for the work ahead.”
As the Lab School endeavors to transform the lives of the students it serves in ways that continue to lead in the field associated with students with learning differences, it will advance six priorities.
As the Lab School endeavors to transform the lives of the students it serves in ways that continue to lead in the field associated with students with learning differences, it will advance main six priorities. Read the full framework:
In a Nutshell: The 2019 Lab School Strategic Priorities
As The Lab School endeavors to transform the lives of the students it serves in ways that continue to lead in the field associated with students with learning differences, it will advance six priorities:
- Student learning and readiness. Lab continues to ensure that all students have a rigorous, innovative, arts-centered, culturally diverse educational experience reflecting current research in effective educational practices for students with language-based learning differences that promotes the growth of each individual. That educational experience continues to stimulate inquiry and passion, promoting student progress on pathways toward postsecondary-, civic-, and career-readiness.
- Exceptional teachers and leaders. Lab continues to focus on attracting and retaining an exceptional and diverse team of teachers and leaders who champion creativity, collaboration, and a dedication to continuous improvement — all to support Lab’s students as they discover their passions and reach their full potential.
- Diversity and Inclusion. Lab continues the implementation of “Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion [DEI] Strategic Plan (2018)” to assure the primacy and sustainability of its DEI goals, strategic investments, and supporting organizational structures.
- Family engagement. Lab continues to engage collaboratively with families to develop supportive and effective communications regarding issues affecting student academic, social, and emotional development. Lab continues to promote a parent community that is active and involved in support of Lab’s mission.
- Fiscal stewardship. Lab continues to advance in the responsible stewardship of school resources and the provision of facilities and technology that provides mission-aligned, future-oriented, learning opportunities for its students.
- Thought leadership and impact. Lab continues to expand its local and national leadership regarding best practices in the education of students with learning differences, informed by leading research and emerging trends.
To view the full 2019 Strategic Framework, click here