The Office of Institutional Advancement (IA) seeks a highly organized individual to join a dynamic office, reporting to the Director of Development. The Lab School of Washington is a national leader among independent schools serving students with learning differences. We are a 1st through 12th grade college preparatory school that provides a unique arts based academic program that encourages scholarship and creativity for students.
The Events Coordinator will:
- Plan, oversee, coordinate and run all aspects of a multitude of school events (40+) – including those hosted by Institutional Advancement, Admissions, Head of School, Division Heads and more
- Events include but are not limited to: receptions, admissions and alumni events, Grandparents Day, Graduation, annual gala
- Responsibilities include seeing events from inception to execution including planning, invitations, layout, registration, RSVP tracking, working with internal and external vendors, day of management, and post-event evaluation
- Work closely with the IA, Event Planning Consultant and volunteer Chairs on our annual Awards Gala, which includes a silent auction, seated dinner and awards program for 800+ guests.
- Event coordinator is expected to guide and support a committee of volunteers who solicit sponsorships, table and ticket sales from the corporate community as well as the school community
- Event coordinator is responsible for all event needs not covered by event planning consultants, including such things as website management, messaging to the community, working with graphic designers, handling publication needs, tracking and reporting regular analytics
- Manage online platforms and data associated with events
- Manage all correspondence to constituents including all e-mail blasts, invitations, and letters
- Create event itineraries for event staff (internal)
- Create/manage event request forms to build a streamlined event request system
- Track analytics for event attendance and provide to the IA team and/or input into appropriate database(s)
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 2+ years of experience in event planning and fundraising, preferably in an independent school environment.
- Excellence in both written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge.
- Ability and talent to successfully work with varied constituencies, including volunteers, parents, vendors, board members, students, staff and alumni.
- High energy, flexible, hardworking self-starter, who excels at prioritizing and multi-tasking.
- Highly organized with superior attention to detail.
- Initiative and ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Appreciation of the Lab School’s mission.
- Creativity and a sense of humor.
- Willingness and flexibility to manage and participate in numerous evening events.
This position offers competitive salary and benefits.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to:
Director of Development