The Lab School of Washington prepares students for a rewarding range of post-high school experiences. The vast majority of our students choose to continue their education at the college or university level. See a list of the colleges our students have attended over the past five years.
Our college advisor is here to help students -- and their parents -- with the post-secondary process where they can thrive academically and socially. She works as a team with the student, parents, and High School faculty to identify each student's passions and strengths. By junior year, every student has an individualized list of colleges and programs to consider, with the ultimate goal of finding the best match.
We offer students:
• Information about college support programs
• Information meetings with college admissions representatives
• Tailored list of colleges and programs for each student
• Timeline and help with completion of applications
• Discussion of accommodations for standardized testing and college classes
• Guidance with completing the college application and essay
• Preparation for college interviews
• Training in self-advocacy skills
• Understanding of academic strengths and needs
Parents need help, too
The college selection process can be challenging when your son or daughter has a learning disability or attention problem. Our college advisor is available to help you along with your child. Together, we’ll discuss what to look for in a school, what questions to ask when looking at colleges, and how to talk to college admissions personnel. We’ll explore your child’s talents and special needs and help you identify a list of top choices. We will also help you take into acoount college choices based on size, location, and tuition.