The Lab School of Washington prepares students for a rewarding range of post-high school experiences. The vast majority – over 90% -- of our students choose to continue their education at the college or university level. See a list of the colleges our students have attended over the past five years.
Our college advisor is here to help students (and their parents!) with the selection of – and application to – a compatible school, where they can thrive academically and socially.
Our college counselor gets to know students as early as freshman year of high school. Beginning in junior year, students work with their counselor to identify their strengths, build an appealing transcript, develop a selection of colleges to explore, and ultimately find a suitable match.
We offer students:
• Information about college LD and ADHD programs
• Assistance with deciding which colleges might be a good match
• Establishment of a timeline for applications
• Discussion of necessary testing accommodations
• Guidance with completing the college application and essay
• Role playing in preparation for college interviews
• Positive ways to describe learning disabilities/attention problems
• Compelling ways to present academic strengths and weaknesses
• Direction in selecting a major
• Training in how to self-advocate
Parents need help too!
The college selection process can be challenging when your son or daughter has a learning disability or attention problem. Our College Advisor is available to help you, along with your child. Together, we’ll discuss what to look for in a school, what questions to ask when looking at colleges, and how to talk to college admissions personnel. We’ll explore your child’s talents and special needs and help you identify a list of compatible choices, based on size, location, and tuition.
For more information, please contact: