Effective Date: June 1, 2017
The Lab School of Washington (“School,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) provides this privacy notice to inform you of how we may collect, use, and share personal information that you and others provide us through our website, www.labschool.org (“Site”), or on other websites that link to this privacy notice.
When using our Site, you may voluntarily provide personal information about yourself and others, including your name, contact information, financial account information, or additional information you choose to provide to us, including information related to Lab School students and prospective students such as their name, age, address, educational, and health or mental health information. We may also receive information about you, students, or prospective students from third parties and combine that information with other personal information that we collect.
We may use the personal and technical information we collect for any lawful purpose. These purposes include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To provide the School’s services, including to process applications for admission and financial aid, create student and parent directories, and register you or your child for Lab School programs and services;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To fundraise and process financial donations;
- To communicate with website visitors, students, parents, applicants, alumni, and others;
- For business purposes, such as analytics, research, advertising and marketing, payment processing, and operational purposes;
- To maintain, operate, customize, and improve the Site;
- To comply with law enforcement and maintain the security of our Site and our School; or
- As otherwise disclosed at the time of collection or use.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may share the personal information we have collected through this Site with other parties including, to the extent permitted by law:
- To parents/guardians of a student;
- To our teachers and other employees of the School;
- At your direction or request, such as providing student information to third parties related to standardized testing, transfers to a new school, in connection with financial aid applications and administration, or applications for higher education;
- With accreditation, oversight, and research authorities (technical information, as well as any other information that has been de-identified or aggregated);
- With other members of our School community such as through the publication of student and parent directories;
- To volunteers, contractors, consultants, and other third-party service providers that we use to support our School and provide services including fundraising, advertising and marketing services;
- As part of a sale, merger or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or as otherwise required or requested by law, regulation, or government authority programs, or to protect our rights or the rights or safety of third parties including in connection with a health or safety emergency and in connection with disciplinary proceedings; or
- With your consent (on behalf of yourself or as a student’s parent/guardian) or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We may share technical information, as well as any other information that has been de-identified or aggregated so that it does not identify you personally, without restriction.
Digital Advertising & Analytics
We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
You may visit www.aboutads.info to learn more about interest-based advertising and how to opt-out of this advertising on websites by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) self-regulatory program.
If you delete your cookies or use a different browser or mobile device, you may need to renew your opt-out choice. You may also be able to limit data collection for advertising purposes using tools available on your device. Note that electing to opt-out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Site and other sites over time for non-advertising purposes. For example, the Site uses Google Analytics to improve the performance of the Site and for other analytics purposes. For more information about how Google collects and uses data when you use our Site, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
The Site may provide links to third-party websites or apps. We do not control the privacy practices of those websites or apps, and they are not covered by this privacy notice. You should review the privacy notices of other websites or apps to learn about their data practices.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
If we decide to change our privacy notice, we will post these changes on this page. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to learn of updates.
Updating your Information
You are responsible to review, change, or update your personal information, or the personal information of a student of whom you are the parent/guardian.
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about this privacy notice, please contact us at email@example.com.