Since the time of its founding, the Lab School of Washington has been able to thrive and excel due to the foresight and philanthropy of supporters who embraced the School’s mission to educate children with learning differences. Thank you!
With its innovative programs, pioneering methodologies, and exceptional faculty and staff, The Lab School of Washington is a leader in educating children with Learning Differences. Being a leader relies, in large part, on the generosity of our community to fund the school’s vital assets and advance its mission. Financial sustainability is an important issue for all independent and private schools today. Each year we reach out to alumni, alumni parents, parents, grandparents, faculty/staff and friends to seek their support to bridge the gap between tuition income and the actual cost of providing an extraordinary academic experience for our students.Theater Project:
In Phase II of the transformation of our Reservoir Campus, in the fall of 2018 we began construction on a 278 seat state of the art theater that will transform Lab’s performing arts program.
The new theater will provide amazing opportunities for students including acting, music, dance, play writing, production, set design, stagecraft, and sound and light management. Shaun Miskell, our Head of Performing Arts, is looking forward to giving students that “behind the curtain” feeling for the first time!
Our plan during the original Capital Campaign had been to renovate the existing black box theater, but the space was not big enough to meet our needs. The new theater is a huge improvement and will be a beautiful space on a bolder scale.
Each and every gift positions the School to invest in the education of children whose competence, confidence, and intellect will be called upon to make a difference in the world.
Lab’s fundraising activities this year consist of three major efforts:
- The Lab School Fund (formally the Annual Fund),
- These funds are used to ensure that Lab is able to maintain its high-quality programing, a low student-to-faculty ratio, and offer competitive teacher salaries to recruit and retain our exceptional teaching, clinical and administrative staff.
- The Gala
- The Annual Gala highlights awareness about learning differences and honors successful adults who share these differences with our students. Funds raised at this lively and elegant event go directly to support need based financial for students at Lab.
- Theater Project
- Support the construction of the new theater. An additional $1 million is needed to open the theater in the fall of 2019!
The Castle Society
Recognizes the generosity of those who provide for the Lab’s future with a planned gift in their estate.
For more information about each of these efforts, please see: We Ask All Families to Support Lab
There are many ways to make a gift:
Not every gift comes with a price tag! Volunteers are the backbone of the Lab community. We encourage your involvement in the Parents Association of The Lab School of Washington (PALS)
- which offers many ways to get connected to your child's school and other parents. We also count on our many parent volunteers who graciously help The Lab School Fund and Gala committees. For information on how to get involved in either of these, please contact Alexis Fedora, Director of The Lab School Fund, at email@example.com
(The Lab School Fund) or Marty Cathcart, Director of Institutional Advancement, at firstname.lastname@example.org